The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) was established in 2015 with the aim of enhancing the teaching and learning quality at the Hang Seng University of Hong Kong. It serves the purposes of concentrating the effort to coordinate, promote, implement and review the following three practices: (a) enhancement of excellence and innovation in teaching and learning; (b) the University’s common core curriculum; and (c) e-learning, the effective use of technology in support of teaching and learning and the development of Mass Open Online Courses (MOOC).
Four different sections, (i) Common Core Curriculum, (ii) e-Learning and (iii) Service-Learning, and (iv) Teaching and Learning Enhancement, sit within Centre for Teaching and Learning and serve the mentioned purposes for the development and enhancement of the Hang Seng University’s Teaching and Learning.
- promoting and enhancing teaching and learning effectiveness;
- promoting e-learning (including MOOC), outcome-based teaching and criterion-referenced assessment, etc.;
- managing the Teaching Award;
- introducing and managing innovative teaching projects and teaching practices;
- organising academic staff training and seminars;
- coordinating students’ feedback on modules;
- coordinating the offering of common core modules across schools/academic departments; and
- promoting the pedagogy of service learning at HSUHK.