e-Learning in HSUHK
HSUHK has launched many e-learning initiatives since 2010, when it offered its first degree programs. With the support from Information Technology Services Centre (ITSC), HSUHK has set up:
- A Moodle Learning Management System to support teaching and learning.
- An Interactive Classroom System (NetSupport School) to support classroom control and interactions.
- Full-WiFi coverage in campus, especially in every classroom.
- Smart Classrooms for teachers/students to use laptops and mobile devices for learning
To further advance the development of e-Learning, HSUHK is pleased to set up an e-Learning Team under the Centre for Teaching and Learning.
- To explore, develop, and promote e-learning in HSUHK
- To see that HSUHK will benefit from the use of e-learning technologies and applications
HSUHK to become a leader in the use of e-Learning to support, extend, and transform teaching and learning:
- Support Learning – To enhance our teaching and learning process and make it more efficient and effective.
- Extend Learning – To broaden students’ learning horizons by offering online learning resources and self-learning MooC courses.
- Transform learning – To transform teaching and learning practices with innovative pedagogies, nurturing students to become life-long and life-wide learners.
- e-Learning Platforms – To set up and manage e-learning platforms (LMS and MooC) for hosting our online courses.
- e-Learning Teachers – To empower teachers with resources, training, and support that they can deploy technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
- e-Learning Courses – To develop several pilot MooC courses to explore the frontiers of e-learning.
e-Learning Working Group
- We provide resources for collaborative courses design, applying innovative classroom and digitally mediated teaching practices.
- We offer HSUHK instructors customized support to advance teaching and learning.
|1.||Dr Daniel Mo||Associate Director|
|2.||Mr. Mike Ching||ITS E-Learning Coordinator|
|3.||Ms. Fiona Lu||Instruction Designer|
|4.||Ms Tang Sze Hang||Instruction Designer|